Teach na Teamhrach, 8pm.
Meeting began with minutes from last years AGM.
Matt Nolan gave his chairman’s report. He thanked all club members for their help and support during the year. The club organized many races and events during 2013, with the recent 60th Anniversary party being one of great importance and success. Matt did make reference to the usual difficulties with help organizing such events and asked those present and all club members to make a big effort in future years in this matter.
Niall delivered the secretary’s report. Topics included were ;
– club events in 2013
– details of club races in 2013 and 2014
– report on road racing
– clubs 60thAnniversary
John Nolan delivered his treasurers report.
– and gave stock of club items such as racing bikes, mtn bikes, club kit etc….
Larry Clarke gave his Leisure cycling report. Once again the club organized many events and raised 26,00 euros for charitable causes. He also strongly urged others within the club to help with these events in future years.
Mention was given to the success of the Monday night Under-age training, and that hopefully we can progress these members to senior level.
Election of club officers ;
- Presidents : Mayphil Reilly, Celine Collins
- Vice presidents : Tommy Flanagan, Dermot Blake, Dessie Clarke, Jim Reilly
- Chairman: Matt Nolan
- Vice Chairman : Gerry Clarke
- Secretary : Niall Doggett
- Treasurer : John Nolan
- P.R.O : Pat Doocey
- Race Organisers : John Nolan, Noel Clarke
- Leisure Organisers : Larry Clarke, Gerry Clarke, Adrian Finegan
Membership fees were set for 2014 :
Senior – 25 euro
Under-age – 5 euro
Family – 40 euro
** In an attempt to encourage members to pay their fee’s early in the year it was also decided to raise the price of senior membership to 35 euro after 15th February. A membership night will be held before this date to allow everyone easy acces to pay on time. Membership can be paid anytime from now untill February at the ‘normal’ price of 25 euro.
Other matters raised and discussed on the night were ;
- Notice of AGM’s in future years should be made in writting to all club members 1 month in advance.
- In 2014 meetings will be held on the 1st Wednesday of every month. This way all members can expect a meeting on such dates and are encouraged to attend when possible.
- Gerry Harte has been nominated as ‘Club Captain’ for winter training spins.
- Stock of old club jerseys are to be sold off at a reduced price to try clear all old stock. Many of the sizes are quite large but they might suit some people…
- A better focus is needed for Sunday morning spins all through the year and especially when the racing season gets under-way.
- PJ Nolan wanted to thank all who helped out make the 6oth Anniversary night such a success, especially Noel Clarke, Larry Clarke and Philip Cassidy.
Meeting was concluded at 11pm.
The club Sunday winter training spins are now well under way, leaving Teach na Teamhrach at 9.30AM sharp. This spin will suit those planning to race next year. Early in the winter we keep these at a steady average speed of 27-28km/h for 3-4 hours. Later on, as fitness improves, the pace will pick up a little. Bring plenty to eat and drink, and full length mudguards are greatly appreciated!
For those seeking an easier pace, there is a leisure spin leaving Teach na Teamhrach 10:30 each Sunday.
Our 2013 Club Championships will be held on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th October 2013.
As there is no winter league this year, this is probably your last chance to race this season. The schedule is as follows:
- Saturday 5th October at 16:00 – Time Trial
- Sunday 6th October at 10:30 – Underage Races
- Sunday 6th October at 11:00 – Senior Race for the Frank Reilly Memorial Cup.
All of the events are starting at Cannistown School. The prize-giving will be held on Sunday at Teach na Teamhrach, after the senior race.
Another successful Summer League over. And a new winner in Stephen McGovern. We would like to thank everyone involved during the 16 weeks, especially those who took time to help out as marshals/drivers etc…
Copy of summer-league-table-20132
A quick reminder that the Meath Championships will be held by Moynalty Cycling Club on Sunday 29th September.
And the Navan Road Club Championships Weekend over 5th/6th October
– TT on Saturday 4:30pm Cannistown
– Road race on Sunday 11am Cannistown
League table 26-08-2013
Copy of summer-league-table-20132
The last week of the Summer League is all set for thrilling finish. With the top of the table very close on points it is still all to play for.!
Who will be crowned the 2013 champion,,?
We’ll soon find out.
Prize-giving ceremony will take place on Friday 30th august in Teach an Teanhrach pub. Everyone who attended the league is welcome to attend, and please bring friends/partners etc……….its a social night as much as anything.
****** Please note that sign-on for the Sean Nolan Meath GP will take place in Simonstown GAA complex and not in Navan Rugby Club as in previous years. *****
It is the same venue as used earlier this year for the Cycleways Cup race in March. All races will sign-on here, including all under-age races. Open from 9:15am Sunday 9th June.
Simonstown GAA is located within 1 km outside Navan on the R162 Nobber/Kingscourt. Leaving Navan on the R162 it is on the left-hand side before you go up the racecourse hill.
Any problem on the day finding the venue contact John Nolan 087 223 8873
Its a busy time within Navan Road Club as we make the final arrangements for staging the Sean Nolan Meath GP on Sunday 9th June. The race which holds a special place in the racing calender and in Irish cycling history is one which all riders look forward to with anticipation. The course will be the same as in previous years and it has always proved to be a stern test with a mixture of rolling and fast roads before riders head back for the finish-line on the outskirts of Navan. See route details below ;
It will be a very busy day of racing with under-age and senior races taking place on different circuits.The sign-on for all under-age races will open at 9:15am in Simonstown GAA complex on the R162,(Nobber/Kinscourt road out of Navan ) with races starting at 11am. The under-age races will take place around Cannistown, Navan on a 6km circuit. All under-age riders an race officials/marshals will depart sign-on at 10:30am as there is a short distance to travel to the race circuit. There will be races for under 12’s, 14”s,and 16’s. Prize-giving will then take place back at Simonstown GAA shortly after the races finish.
After the conclusion of the under-age races action will then switch to senior racing with sign-on open from 11am. It is the same location as used in the Cycleways Cup earlier this year. Racing will start at 1pm sharp, nearby on the N52 Slane road out of Navan.
There will be 4 seperate races :
A1 / A2 = 120km
A3 = 84km
A4 = 84km
For further details contact race director John Nolan on 087 223 8873