Damien Shaw celebrates winning the Cycleways Cup in 2015.
The Cycleways Cup 2016 will take place on Sunday February 28th.
The venue is the same as in recent years
– sign on from 11 at Simonstown GAA (link) on the R162 Kingscourt Road
– start at Blackcastle on the N51
– finish at Wilkinstown on the R162.
The format will be similar to recent years, except that there will be an extra standalone race for A2s. So 5 races in total
– A1 (3 laps)
– A2 (3 laps)
– A3/Junior (2 laps)
– A4 (2 laps)
– Ladies (2 laps)
A KOH prime will be awarded on Lap 1 to the first rider over the climb in each of the races (A1, A2, A3/Jnr, A4, Ladies).
Primes (€20) are sponsored by Navan Taekwon-Do School (navantkd.ie)
The Cycleways Cup route is here.
Details subject to change
The next club meeting is on Feb 3rd 2016 at 8pm at Teach na Teamhrach on the Trim Road. Up for discussion are updates on our ongoing projects, as well as planning for the upcoming fundraising roller cycle and the Cycleways Cup
On Saturday Feb 6th from 9am to 6pm there will be a fundraising roller cycle at Navan Shopping Centre. This is one of our main fundraisers for the year and all proceeds go directly to funding the activities of our club members. This promises to be a very busy year, with the purchase of a new club vehicle to support our members racing in a wide variety of events in Ireland. We have members racing from U12 to over 80 at distances from a few kilometers to 2100km, including the An Post Ras
Our list of open road races for 2016 is as follows:
- Cycleways Cup, Sunday 28th Feb
- Summer League starts early May (TBC)
- Sean Nolan Meath Grand Prix, Sunday 5th June
- Ballivor GP, Saturday 2nd July
- Tommy Brady Robinstown, Saturday 16th July
- Mountnugent GP, Saturday 30th July
- Beechmount Cup, Kilmessan, Saturday 6th August
- Collins Christie Memorial, Kilmessan, Sunday 7th August
Blackwater Park, Windtown Road, Navan
Sunday 17th January.
Something for all the family, scenic walk and playground right beside the course.