Teach na Teamhrach, 8pm.
Meeting began with minutes from last years AGM.
Matt Nolan gave his chairman’s report. He thanked all club members for their help and support during the year. The club organized many races and events during 2013, with the recent 60th Anniversary party being one of great importance and success. Matt did make reference to the usual difficulties with help organizing such events and asked those present and all club members to make a big effort in future years in this matter.
Niall delivered the secretary’s report. Topics included were ;
– club events in 2013
– details of club races in 2013 and 2014
– report on road racing
– clubs 60thAnniversary
John Nolan delivered his treasurers report.
– and gave stock of club items such as racing bikes, mtn bikes, club kit etc….
Larry Clarke gave his Leisure cycling report. Once again the club organized many events and raised 26,00 euros for charitable causes. He also strongly urged others within the club to help with these events in future years.
Mention was given to the success of the Monday night Under-age training, and that hopefully we can progress these members to senior level.
Election of club officers ;
- Presidents : Mayphil Reilly, Celine Collins
- Vice presidents : Tommy Flanagan, Dermot Blake, Dessie Clarke, Jim Reilly
- Chairman: Matt Nolan
- Vice Chairman : Gerry Clarke
- Secretary : Niall Doggett
- Treasurer : John Nolan
- P.R.O : Pat Doocey
- Race Organisers : John Nolan, Noel Clarke
- Leisure Organisers : Larry Clarke, Gerry Clarke, Adrian Finegan
Membership fees were set for 2014 :
Senior – 25 euro
Under-age – 5 euro
Family – 40 euro
** In an attempt to encourage members to pay their fee’s early in the year it was also decided to raise the price of senior membership to 35 euro after 15th February. A membership night will be held before this date to allow everyone easy acces to pay on time. Membership can be paid anytime from now untill February at the ‘normal’ price of 25 euro.
Other matters raised and discussed on the night were ;
- Notice of AGM’s in future years should be made in writting to all club members 1 month in advance.
- In 2014 meetings will be held on the 1st Wednesday of every month. This way all members can expect a meeting on such dates and are encouraged to attend when possible.
- Gerry Harte has been nominated as ‘Club Captain’ for winter training spins.
- Stock of old club jerseys are to be sold off at a reduced price to try clear all old stock. Many of the sizes are quite large but they might suit some people…
- A better focus is needed for Sunday morning spins all through the year and especially when the racing season gets under-way.
- PJ Nolan wanted to thank all who helped out make the 6oth Anniversary night such a success, especially Noel Clarke, Larry Clarke and Philip Cassidy.
Meeting was concluded at 11pm.