Here a few notes of discussion during the clubs first meeting of the year. It will certainly be another busy year for us so please keep up to date with all the events and contribute in whatever way you can…….thanks.
– A membership night is to be arranged once again to facilitate current members in paying their club membership, and also to attract new members for 2013. Details of the time,date and location will be confirmed soon, but it is expected to be in Feb/March.
– One weekend to mark on the calender is Friday 15th Feb and Saturday 16th when we will hold our Roller-Cycle in Navan Shopping Centre. We will certainly be expecting your assistance with this collection as all money raised goes into the club. Its a relatively easy days work, and its an opportunity for us to showcase the club to the public too. You can either spin-away on the rollers or stand with a bucket for a few hours(or both) but you are asked + expected to do something.!
– Cycleways Cup. Its all systems go in organizing the race with details to be confirmed on sign-on location. It was suggested we approach Simonstown GAA about using their facilities instead of the usual Rugby Club location, and depending on price and availability a decision will be made. Once again we will require a few members to voluteer their sandwich making skills to feed the hungry army post-race. If you are willing to help please contact a committee member. Also race marshals are a big issue on the day, and we will be expecting a large number of club members to help out on the day……we really really need your help to run this race and we feel enough is done for you during the year so it fair enough to ask for your help,thanks.
– We are to seek out another club to run the Meath Champioships in 2013. We revived the race last year and is was a relative success but now its some-one else’s turn!
– To celebrate the clubs 60th Anniversary we plan to run a ‘Club-Day’ consisting of a cycle in the morning with a reception back in Teach na Teamhrach afterwards. It could be a great day out for every-one to enjoy and would mainly consist of our own members. We could use a route which took in some of the important roads + locations that reflect the history of the club. All past and present members would be invited to attend especially any of the founding members with special presentations to made as appropriate. Date and details are up for discussion and we would appreciate any of your ideas on this event..?
– PJ Nolan delivered the good news of receiving a cheque from Avonmore for their continued sponsorship of the club, many thanks to him for his hard work in chasing this money and to Avonmore for their support. –
– Robinstown RR. We are considering a change of sign-on location with Bective pub being the favoured destination. We will keep the race on the same circuit as normal and the finish-line will be still in Robinstown. Prizes and food will then again be served in Bective. This is subject to details being arranged but we expect some changes to the race. It is due to the fact Robinstown village has now got no pub or shop to host the sign-on etc…
– We discussed plans for sending Navan teams to compete in both Gorey 3Day and Tour of the North. A budget was decided to support the riders with accomadation and diesel/petrol expences, and we wish all the riders the best in their efforts.
If you have any issues with the items discussed please contact a committee member to discuss, thanks, Niall.