Congratulations to Navan road clubs John Kenny, who has recently been moved up to A1 category after a very successful year. This achievement is even more amazing considering that John only returned to racing as an A4 rider last year. In 2011 he moved quickly up the ranks and began this year in the A2 category. Right from the very first race of the year he was getting results and he has soon become a danger-man in both single-day and stage races. With the season nearly over he was only a few points away from the coveted A1 racing numbers, and his patience paid off last weekend with a hard-fought 2nd place finish in the Black Rose Grand Prix in Galway.
One of his notable improvements this year was how he approached stage races like the Gorey 3 Day in April, and Ras Dun na nGall in June. In Gorey he showed us his raw power as he stormed home to victory in the individual TT, while in Donegal he showed his speed and race-craft with 3rd place in a fast and technical sprint finish in Glenties. Both performances put him in a strong position on G.C and he has now become a man to watch at such events.
Below is a list on John’s results in 2012 so far…………hopefully we will see more of the same next year.
- 26th Feb -Dundalk 5th place
- 1st April – Balbriggan 7th place
- 7th,8th,9th April – Gorey 3 day, 1st place in individual TT, wore Green points jersey on stage 2 and stage 3
- 22nd April -Drogheda 5th place
- 29th April – Roundwood 7th place
- 1st,2nd,3rd June – Ras Dun na nGall , 3rd on stage 1, 10th on stage 3
- 7th July – Ballivor GP 1st un-placed A2
- 19th August – Black Rose GP Galway 2nd place
Hopefully i didn’t miss any !